mercoledì 18 aprile 2012

Comment of "The albatross"

http://digilander.libero.it/mgtund/albatross_by_charles_baudelaire.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4HB1xK5jw&feature=youtu.be
In the first link I've posted the lyric "The Albatross" by Charles Baudlaire, translated in English and in Italian. The second one is the link of the song "The albatross" written and played by Sheria Tshongo Mussonghora.
The albatross: when I heard for the first time this name I thought of something powerfull and enigmatic. I was 8 or 9 years old when I had to recite this lyric during a play. When I read it for the first tiime, I felt so comforted and so strong. I haven't still understood the reason why I felt this feeling: I only understood that the first lyric I read in my life would be my favourite one. Maybe because I felt like an albatross, like a poet: alone and awkward in the world but maybe the most elegant creature to see in the sky. Finally I didn't feel alone in my lonlyness, in a world of adults that didn't understand you...who has never felt emarginated or misundertood by the rest of the world???
On the contrary of the lyric, in which I could see the positive side, I could only read the dark and gloomy side of the song. The images and the music transmitted to me a sense of heaviness: it seems like someone was nailing down or tying up my soul. Instead of comfort I felt upset, knowing how could be sad and dejecting a life of "an albatross", if you see it from the outside. The black and white images (loaded by my teacher) correspond perfectly to the nostalgic melody. And so I agree with the auctor of the song: it deals with a story of love and I think that the lover is like an albatross; in fect he seems awkward while "he's walking" because of his "enormous wings": his love. But inside his soul there's an open sky in which he can open his wings and space out in freedom. The song so ended with the line "let me try to fly". The research of freedom: the most important gift that God gave us.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento